Welcome to NavCoin Core Documentation!
NavCoin is an open-sourced digital currency with privacy-enhanced features. Transactions that occur on the blockchain of NavCoin are made in a peer-to-peer fashion with no need for intermediaries. With NavCoin, one can choose to store and transact coins publicly (NAV) and privately (xNAV). If one chooses to transact privately, it will not be possible to link a transaction to its sender or receiver, or even view the amount that was sent. This has been made possible by NavCoin’s self-developed privacy protocol called Boneh-Lynn-Shacham Confidential Transactions (blsCT).
NavCoin was invented in 2014 and had no pre-mine or ICO. With block times of 30 seconds, one can stake their coins to earn rewards through Proof of Stake Version 3 (PoSv3) for helping to secure the network. NavCoin’s current supply is 66,768,000 NAV with a block reward of 2.5 NAV, hence a decreasing inflation model. From the 2,5 NAV, 2 NAV are redirected to the staker who found the block, and 0,5 NAV are accumulated in a decentralized treasury used to fund community initiatives based on the outcome of DAO votings. NavCoin’s decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) enables the community to be self-funded its treasury, self-guided through consultations, and self-governed through consensus changes. Anyone who holds coins on the public side (NAV) can participate in the DAO by staking their coins. Each stake is the equivalent of one vote, and there is no minimum amount required to take part.
NavCoin Core is forked from bitcoin core v13.0, and as such, it inherits its P2P protocol and most of the RPC commands. This documment will reflect the new methods and implementations.
The official repository hosting the soruce code is located on GitHub.
The current last version of NavCoin Core is 5.0.1.
Connect with the community
NavExplorer is the independent block explorer maintained by the community.
Cryptoid hosts a basic block explorer which does not cover all the functionality of NavCoin’s blockchain.
You can find various statistics in index.nav.community/stats.html.
Register an openalias address.
- RPC methods
- Network parameters
- Address Payloads
- Script Opcodes
- Standard Scripts
- DAO Special Scripts
- Special Transactions
- Cold Staking
- NavCoin v4.0.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.2.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.2.1 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.3.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.4.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.5.0 Release Notes
- Modified client testing for cold-staking v4.5.0
- NavCoin v4.5.1 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.5.2 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.6.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.7.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.7.1 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.7.2 Release Notes
- NavCoin v4.7.3 Release Notes
- NavCoin v5.0.0 Release Notes
- NavCoin v5.0.1 Release Notes
- Fix getaddressbalance for address reuse
- Updated the message that RPC call returns after encrypting wallet
- Added more progress indicators during wallet start up
- Added a password step to setup wizard
- Fix for crash when voting for payment request
- Added new show/dump mnemonic UI, similar to the dumpmnemonic RPC call
- Fixed qa/rpc-tests/dao-consultation-consensus.py
- Updated the encrypt wallet logic to not replace master key
- Fixed some functional tests that were checking for state == 0 for expired proposals or prequests
- Updated price update timer to respect shutdown request
- NavCoin v6.0 Release Notes
- blsCT: Boneh–Lynn–Shacham Confidential Transactions
- [DAO] Exclude inactive stakers from votings
- Add support for wallet database encryption
- [TEST] Fixed qa/rpc-tests/cfunddb-statehash.py
- [RPC] getaddressbalance returns staked value
- [RPC] Address history index
- [DAO][GUI] Updated links to navexplorer dao pages
- [GUI] Disabled DAO notification if not staking
- [RPC] Correctly label isstakable in the validateaddress help response
- [GUI] Add voting address to the cold staking wizard
- [WALLET] Fix -wallet issue #729
- [INDEX] Index cold staking UTXOs by spending address
- [RPC] getaddresshistory counts balance for whole history even when range
- [GUI] Update getaddresstoreceive.cpp
- [CLEAN] Remove declaration of undefined function
- [RPC] Fix for getaddresshistory balance of multiple addresses
- Update httpserver.cpp header
- Add 0x2830 address to team list addresses